dire and dear

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Yesterday is the shadow of today

While I've been on hiatus from books, I've decided on attempting some life-affirming activities; such as buying garbage bags and cleaning out the chthulian madness that is my closet. I've come across a lot of garbage, some old essays, and one gem. I found actual, handwritten, detailed notes on an old girlfriend's favorite authors, interests, habits and music. The following is transcribed for your delectation. I've crossed out her name for obvious reasons. Namely, if she ever came across this she'd probably laugh herself into a coma. Or be creeped out.
Things xxxx likes:
-Jazz/Blues (Ella Fitzgerald, Screaming Jay Hawkins)
-Opera- Verdi(?)
-Italian horror films (D'argento)
-Simpsons, Family Guy (?)
-Zizek (Read more of him)
-Deleuze (Read more of him)
-Bataille (Ditto)
-Sade (Get some other stuff)

Share common interests,
music, film , philosophy

-Lobby hero(?), Look up art galleries, jazz clubs

-Preferred coffee: Milk, no sugar
-Likes martinis
-What kind of food does she like?

Ask her about:
Thesis proposal
Meeting w/ prof

Find out her last name!!!
(Idiot)
xxxx

So what does everyone think? Is it sweet-but-naive, creepy-and-weird, or simple-but-brilliant? I favor the latter. With that in mind, I make this promise to all future girlfriends: I will keep extensive, detailed notes of all your likes, dislikes, and habits. In addition to this, I will also make detailed plans of action of how I can be a better boyfriend and a list of things we can do together. Sound good?
Wait, where you going baby?

3 Comments:

  • note 1: this girl is not me (anyone that knows me knows that my mind rejects anything remotely like philosophy)

    note 2: sam didn't do one of these for me (i asked him)

    note 3: if he had've, and if i had known about it, i would've run away screaming

    note 4: it is pretty hilarious

    By Blogger heather, At 1:08 PM  

  • awww sam. i think it's a healthy mix of creepy/cute!

    By Blogger nicole, At 5:09 PM  

  • The "idiot" in brackets is the most awesome part.

    Also, I miss SNDC. This week? Yes?

    By Blogger Ellen, At 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home